- The Country Representative will be part of the senior management team of BRAC International and have shared accountability for programmatic and operational activities. As head of the country office, the Country Representative will be responsible for delivering BRAC International country strategy through quality programmes in microfinance, health, education, adolescents programme, agriculture, poultry & livestock, livelihood, food security,Targeting the Ultra Poor (TUP) and future programmes/ projects, as well as liaising with funding partners BRAC USA and BRAC UK.
- The role provides immense opportunity to play an increasingly important and decisive strategic role within BRAC International while leading a diverse workforce of in-country staff. The role will receive strategic support from a variety of sources at BRAC International – Regional Director, Chief People Officer, Finance Director, programme anchors and other unit heads in BRAC International based in the Head Office in Dhaka and affiliate offices in the UK, USA, as well our fundraiser representative in the Netherlands.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Uphold, promote, and apply the core Values and Mission of BRAC in the host country
- Lead and supervise the program managers on planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the projects to ensure the effective and efficient execution of project deliverables
- Participate in program development and the writing of project proposals for extension of existing and/or establishment of new programs in host country
- Ensure a relevant, timely and accurate flow of strategic, management and operational reports for the implementation of effective work according to program objectives and standards and to meet reporting standards of donors, partner offices and the headquarters
- Supervise managers to ensure regular budget monitoring to be conducted for all programs/ projects
- Ensure adequate systems are in place and followed, regarding program procurements, management and maintenance of project assets, regular inventories and similar activities
- Represent BRAC to foreign and national governments, partners, donors and other stakeholders, and develop and maintain productive relationships and be BRAC’s representative and spokesperson to local and international media/ audience
- Direct and manage staffing in the country while focusing on developing capabilities appropriate to the strategic and operational needs of projects/programs, needs of both the present and future within the country and create ownership among local staff
- Ensure proper and transparent management of resources and reporting systems are established in the country in accordance with the policy and procedures and all regulatory requirements of BRAC, host country governments and donor’s policy
- Visit projects to advise, build relationships, evaluate and inspect the funded projects and follow up on audit findings, risk register and monitoring report
- Analyse continuous impact and effectiveness of existing programs on a national level and adapt accordingly
- Liaise with Advisory Committee Members
- Masters in Development Studies or another relevant subject from any recognised university with minimum second class/ division or equivalent CGPA in all academic records.
- At least 8 year(s)
- Strong commitment to BRAC’s mission, approach and values
- A firm dedication to international development
- Flexible and adaptable with good interpersonal skills and a ‘can-do’ approach
- Ability to lead and inspire a small team
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to develop strong and trusting relationships across the world and across cultures
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Dependable and reliable with the ability to be productive under time pressure
- Very well organised, capable of building productive internal and external relationships for the organisation
- Positive, resilient and supportive
- Ability to confidently articulate BRAC’s approach and impact in public fora
- Ability to travel widely within the country and internationally
- 8+ years, including proven program management experience in one or more developing country setting
- Professional knowledge of diverse development approaches
Online Job Posting
Please mention the name of the position, country allied for and AD# 02/17 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply
Country nationals are encouraged to apply
BRAC is an equal opportunity employer
BRAC InternationalBusiness : With over 100,000 employees reaching an estimated 135 million people, BRAC is the world?s largest non-governmental organization. BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti-poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world?s poor. With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of tools including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities? own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world?s top development and humanitarian relief organizations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global South.
এক ক্লিকেই চাকুরীর খবর
➲ ডাউনলোড করুন আর পেয়ে যান সকল চাকরির খবর আপনার মোবাইলের Notification এ। ডাউনলোড করুন অথবা আরো বিস্তারিত জানতে নিচের Google Play Store লিঙ্ক এ visit করুন।
➨ Play Store লিঙ্ক- Download
➨ APK ডাউনলোড লিঙ্ক- Download