Finance Officer – Operational
- Role overview: Support the Country Finance Manager in managing the finances of the Country Office. Provide financial support and advices on day to day management, manage and maintain financial operation activities and financial controls, cash and bank management, financial accounting systems, payroll including audit liaison in order to ensure an efficient, secure and controlled financial environment in compliance with VSO policies and procedures and local regulations.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Manage Transactions
- • Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the SUN accounting system in a timely manner to keep the records updated
- • Maintain vouchers, financial files and records
- • Implement financial policies and procedures
- • Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger
- • To work and complete the month and year end procedures in time per VSO policies.
- Cash and Bank Management
- • Petty cash management
- • Daily and Monthly petty cash reconciliation
- • Ensuring there are appropriate procedures around petty cash per policy
- • Ensuring bank accounts are reconciled
- • Prepare and reconcile bank statements
- • Ensuring that internet banking is secure
- Expenditures, Payments and Payroll
- • Ensuring that all expenditures and payments are made within VSO policies; procurement process is valid, has the correct documentation and is properly authorised.
- • Ensuring that the payroll and allowances are prepared, authorised and disbursed properly with adequate supporting documents. Ensuring that payroll and allowances are allocated and posted correctly across the appropriate codes.
- • Ensuring fund transfers to the respective partners in timely manner
- Ensuring that all taxes (including VAT and Income tax) are calculated as per prevailing laws and deposited to the authorities in a timely manner and recorded in SUN system.
- Management Information
- Produce management information on expenditures to ensure the Country Finance Manager has a true analysis of expenditure.
- Assist CFM to prepare budgets.
- Co-ordinate annual external and other audits as required. To ensure all internal and external audit recommendations are implemented.[irp]
- Technical Accounting Expertise – Part qualified Accountant, ideally studying to complete an accounting qualification. Master Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Good technical accounting skills. Experience of financial planning, book keeping practice and principle, knowledge of internal controls, general ledger, cash management and reconciliations, payroll processing and taxation. Experience of financial reporting, measurement and analysis.
- Experience of rules and regulations for non-profit organisations. Knowledge of donor financial reporting and donor procurement procedures. Experience of working in multiple foreign currencies and understanding of foreign exchange hedging.
- Financial and Information Technology Systems – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel particularly. Use of accounting software, SUN Accounting system preferred.
- Communication and Influencing Skills – Good written and verbal communication skills – able to listen, present, discuss, report, put views forward , negotiate with confidence. Sensitivity to cultural and language differences, able to interact with people at all levels of the organisation. Able to work with others in a consultative way, ability to withstand and resolve conflict, negotiating professional solutions
- Decision Making and planning – professional judgement and discernment. Capacity for inquiry, research, logical and analytical thinking, powers of reasoning and critical analysis. Experience of decision modelling. Risk Management – Experience of identifying and analysing financial risks.
- Planning and Organisation – Able to prioritise within restricted resources to tight deadlines. Able to anticipate and adapt to change. Strong attention to detail. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Self motivated to set initiatives and self learn.
- Values – Commitment to VSO’s work and values.
Online Job Posting
Click to view Detail & Apply : http://vso.force.com/jobopportunities/Job_DetailsPage?jid=a0mD000000AoMik
Application Deadline : Mar 5, 2017
Business : Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is an international development organization with a vision to create a world without poverty in which people work together to fulfill their potential by linking national and international volunteers in development initiatives.
এক ক্লিকেই চাকুরীর খবর
➲ ডাউনলোড করুন আর পেয়ে যান সকল চাকরির খবর আপনার মোবাইলের Notification এ। ডাউনলোড করুন অথবা আরো বিস্তারিত জানতে নিচের Google Play Store লিঙ্ক এ visit করুন।
➨ Play Store লিঙ্ক- Download
➨ APK ডাউনলোড লিঙ্ক- Download